Looking for something?

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Interview Feature: TheKraftRoom




Today’s interview feature is with TheKraftRoom!  Kraft offers a wide variety of colorful mini cards/tags and stickers to brighten up your art projects, give to customers as a “thank you” or attach to gifts.  Kraft also sells handy key fobs, which are a great addition to your keychain so you have something softer to hold onto.

How did you come up with your shop name?
I came up with the name thekraftroom because I like to craft so I dropped the c and added the k which is the first initial in my first name which is Karen.



Why did you start your Etsy shop?
I was always looking for ways to sell my handmade goods, so one night I was online looking for fabric and came across Etsy. I didn’t start my shop right away, honestly I was afraid, so I waited for a bit before I started. My mother encouraged me to take a chance and open my shop. I thought about it some more and did some research starting hanging out in the forums. Finally I went for it and I am glad I did.

How long have you been a crafter?
I have been a crafter a long time, since I was a little girl.


Does your shop reflect your personal style?
Yes, it does reflect my personal style. I love bright, beautiful, modern style and mix in some vintage and I am in heaven.

Where do you draw inspiration from for your products?
I draw inspiration from reading and visiting my favorite fabric and scrapbook shops. Sometimes I just brainstorm and jot down stuff. I like to experiment and go from there.



Is there a piece in your shop that was hard for you to part with?
Yes, one of my aprons I sold. It was fun to make and I was in love with the color scheme.

Care to share an idea or item you hope to have in your shop in the future?
Since I love both fabric and paper equally, I have a lot of things I would like to make. Let’s just say I hope to be adding some new sections to my shop in a few months.



What’s the most important piece of advice you can give to other shop owners?
My advice to other shop owners would be try and take good pictures. Believe in your product and shop. Promote as much as you can. Hangout in the forums and stay visible. Also, sales may or may not happen right away but hang in there. Customer service is key, treat your customers right and they will return. I can’t stress this enough….keep promoting your shop. Good Luck to everyone and lots of success!

If you would like to be featured on my blog, please contact me on Etsy!

2 comments:

  1. Karilan, Thank you for such a nice feature on your blog. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview, such a nice use of a blog

    ReplyDelete