Today's interview feature is with a lovely shop, SoonerDesigner! I met Sooner in my first month on Etsy and immediately loved the cards in her shop. I have purchased one of her cards for my sister's birthday (who is also a fan of her work) and we both very pleased with the product. Since then, Sooner has added fantastic mini cards and tags that are popular with other sellers, and she has produced lovely keepsake books and refillable journals. I'm happy to help people get to know more about Sooner and promote her wonderful shop!
- How did you come up with your shop name? I have a background in interior design & studied at the University of Oklahoma (Boomer Sooner!) so it just kind of fit.
- Why did you start your Etsy shop? I actually joined Etsy a year before I started selling. I was browsing a shop while looking for wedding supplies & wanted to ask them a question about their product. Since you have to have an account to send a conversation, I created one. In April of this year, we were hosting a birthday party at my house & several people suggested I try selling my cards on Etsy which is when I first started using my shop.
- How long have you been a crafter? I've always loved crafting & can remember having craft days with my friends as early as elementary school.
- Does your shop reflect your personal style? Most of the time it does. I have made some items to fit requests that weren't quite me, but I still had fun making them. My favorite cards to make are bright & feminine.
- Where do you draw inspiration from for your products? I love the classics that never go out of style (pearls, lace, black); vibrant items that fill you with energy; & just enough trendy things to keep you on the lookout for the next big thing. These are the sort of things that inspire me.
- Is there a piece in your shop that was hard for you to part with? It hasn't really been hard for me to part with any of my pieces yet. I am just so excited that someone else loves them enough to give them to a loved one. It really makes me proud!
- What’s the most important piece of advice you can give to other shop owners? Have fun! If you love what you do, it shows in your work.
- If you would like to be featured on my blog, contact me on Etsy!